Social media Marketing is the key to approach today’s young generations or any targeted audience. Nearly everyone is on Facebook or using any other some social media channels to stay connected.
Those who are born in the year between 1984 and 2004 are the first generation born in the internet era. They are well aware with various social media platforms along with different upgraded apps, smartphones and other well-advanced gadgets used in our day to day life.
Cubical jobs days are no more of their interest. They want to explore themselves, take risks, and work as freelancers, think of startups. They are also the most educated generation till now: Around 61% of the total population of youth has gone to college.
If you want to communicate with them and get in indulge with the targeted generation, need to market with them, then at first you need to break with few traditions of your own.
Here is the detailed information about how you are going to market today’s generation:
Ways to Outreach Targeted Audiences with Social Media Marketing:
- Develop a Social Media Platform Strategy
- Dive into Conversations
- Keep Up-to-Date on Digital Trends
- Create Content with High Share Value
- Stay Relevant
- Produce Compelling Video
- Strong Visuals are Key
- Reward Audiences for Their Engagement
- Optimize for Mobile
Let us discuss them in detail:
- Develop a Social Media Platform Strategy: Just because there are hundreds of new social media is available, it does not mean you will run immediately after it and will start working on it. For example, Pinterest is commonly known for the predominately female user base. If a brand is trying to attract youth basically, it should focus on the similar niche social media platform prioritizing.
Talk to Our Expert Now
Submit Your Details Below & We Will Respond Soon
- Dive into Conversations: The name depicts itself as the whole meaning! Didn’t understood? Well, “Social” media gives an opportunity for you to have real-time conversations with your potential customers, target audiences, on-brand publications, influencers, and friends. Get indulge in an engaging and healthy conversation with people. If you get to know the real needs of them, you will obviously implement the business well. You should know your audience and use the geo-targeting feature to reach your targeted audience.
- Keep Up-to-Date on Digital Trends: Get up to date with the new trends that are emerging on digital space. Youth love being updated as they consider all the new trends.
- Create Content with High Share Value: There is stiff competition in the market and to stand out of all, you must have to create such engaging and outstanding content that users will be excited to share. Youth love to share the contents that are the most viral. So, to achieve it and outreach the most out of it, it is important to create promotional content. Think beyond the business and mix in content that is inspiring, beautiful, and useful.
- Stay Relevant: Be concern about the cultural topics and influencers their target audience is talking about. One of the easiest ways to do it is to research popular hashtags on various social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Produce Compelling Video: in comparison to any cable network, YouTube reaches more U.S.-based adults, ages 18-34 and has one of the fastest-growing user bases. It can be utilized efficiently to target big audiences. You can even use it as a storytelling platform for your brand. Another one on the list is Instagram. It is one of the most popular social media platforms now a day, especially for the targeted generation. It has embraced video content by allowing its users to create 15-second videos.
- Strong Visuals are Key: The most common ways for users to communicate their interests and ideas are sharing photos on social media platforms. You can portray your brand identity with the youth in the most engaging way that showcases striking imagery. For example: on Twitter, tweets with images got an uplifting of 18% clicks! How? Because it had started incorporating images into the user’s timeline, as a result, people started seeking more interest.
- Reward Audiences for Their Engagement: Youth love to take challenges as this is the most perfect way to explore the personalities, their potential as well as their talents. This is the area where you have to hit hard. Organize contests on different social media platforms and announce a chance to win a prize. Also, choose a reward that will resonate with your target audience, which is a young generation to ensure optimal engagement.
- Optimize for Mobile: It is very important for you to optimize your social efforts for mobile as most of the youth are glued to their devices. You won’t believe but according to GlobalWebIndex, the number of people who access the internet via their mobile phones has increased by 60.3% to 818.4 million since 2011. It is because the content looks easy, simple to access and most convenient to share.
Those days no longer exists when brands used to throw ads on the billboard and thus waited for the results. You need to be creative enough to attract the targeted generation towards your brand. These were some of the tactics you can use to grow up your business by reaching targeted generation effectively.